Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

I'd like to dedicate this next post to one of the most talented women I have ever met...my mom! My momma has been sewing (cross stitch, hardanger, lots of other stitching that I don't know the names of) for longer than I've been alive. She makes the most beautiful samplers and pieces just for the love of doing it. She has been trying in vain to get me interested in stitching for years. Sorry for all of the unfinished projects, mom!

I want to share some of her work with you. This is only a fraction of what she has done (basically what she has had time to photograph and put up on flickr). Enjoy the beauty and Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers! Happy Mother's Day to you, Mom. I love you! (also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JEN!!!)


This one is my favorite. It's also mine!! She was working on this when she was pregnant with me. It's currently living with her because I had it at one of our apartments and somehow managed to break the frame off of it. Needless to say, she's taking care of it until I can be a little more responsible.





This one was hanging in my and my sister's room when we were growing up. It's so cute!



I love this sampler! It's hanging in my mom and dad's living room. I love the colors and especially the fact that she chose something other than white to create it on.



This one is also hanging in their living room. You could honestly stare at this piece for hours and not see everything.



This is a piece she did for my mother-in-law when my father-in-law passed away recently. It is sooo beautiful and delicate!



This next set is all one piece and the pictures do not do it justice. This is a nativity scene she did a long time ago. I think my sister and I are already fighting over it!





This only scratches the surface of her huge body of work (she was knitting a blanket last night!). Maybe this will be part 1 :-)

2 comments:

Jane said...

Thank you! It's wonderful to know you appreciate it, even if you don't do it!

love you back!

mom

Moonsilk Stitches said...

What a lovely tribute! Your mom sure does some amazing needlework! Marjorie