Thursday, May 15, 2008

5 Things I Love

It's Thursday (is it seriously Thursday already? What happened to the other four days of the week??) so it's time once again for Things I Love. Last week I showcased some things I would love to buy for my daughter on Etsy. This week, it's only fitting that I do the same for my son! 

My five year old boy is obsessed with superheroes. I'm not talking just likes them and has fun playing with them, I'm talking full on obsession. When a new movie comes out, he is first in line to see it. When a new toy comes out, he is begging us to buy it for him (and usually gets what he wants. Can you say S-P-O-I-L-E-D?). He doesn't have one imaginary friend, he has twenty, a different superhero coming over to play each day. Needless to say, this post is all about the fun superhero handmade items to be found on Etsy. So get out your web shooters and batarangs and enjoy!

P's very favorite superhero is Spiderman. He sometimes favors another over him depending on what movie is coming out (right now it's Iron Man) but he always seems to come back to Spidey in the end. These first two finds are dedicated to that love.

The first is a custom wooden wall hanging that would be perfect for a door or bedroom wall. These are painted by hand and every aspect can be customized, down to the character used.



Handpainted Wooden Cut-Out Door/Wall Name Sign by FANTASYCREATIONS


The next find is something that every kid can use. A nightlight (heck, I could use one sometimes!). I have unfortunately passed on my childhood fear of the dark to both of my children. P would never have to worry about it with this cool nightlight in his room. Monsters, beware!

Spider Man Shadow lamp New From Shadowland Night Light Amazing by CreativePal


I'm still trying to decide if P is too old for this next Favorite. He still loves to pretend and dress up, but he's not my little baby anymore :-(. I still think this is cool. These capes are two toned and can be customized with your child's first initial.


Little Heroes Customizable Cape for Boy or Girl by DiscoveryDenim


The end of this summer brings school (and first grade for P) but also the new Batman movie. We are already psyched up for it. This print of Batman is so cool and would fit right in with P's room decor (Spiderman, Transformers, Iron Man...). Love it!


The Bat-Man by TimmyK


The last is probably more for me. I love this shirt! P would probably think it was nice but there isn't any pictures of superheroes on it... In any case, I think this is a great shirt that is original and fun!


ZAP Raglan T-shirt by trustysidekick


Well I'm off to find Rhino and Sandman...again. Have a great night!

1 comment:

Jane said...

If you're wondering, Iron Man stayed by us!

Jane